Monday, March 1, 2010

Starting somewhere.

So I’ve decided to take a stab at blogging (Could there be a more clichéd way to open?). I’m not the most talented writer but I have a constant train of thought on sports, in particular Football and the Redskins and Alabama Crimson Tide. I’m hoping to gain some followers and get a decent discussion about my Teams and the state of the League and movement amongst the players. I might add a couple thoughts on other goings on but for the most part I’ll try and stick to Sports. So each time out my goal is to touch on something that causes a thought provoking reaction good or bad. I Plan on hitting on the State of the Redskins, Moves around the League, A mock Draft and my Take on the Draft and Anything that catches my eye as I move on through out the Year.... So look out for my "State of the Redskins" Coming soon.... And now for my 5 favorite QB's today...Look forward to hearing from you.



4th and 5


My 5 Favorite QB’s


1) Brett Favre - I know the En vogue thing to do is to bash Favre but I could watch this guy play at any age and any era. Say what you want but no one has ever had a career like this guy or been more fun to watch but he sure knows how to break my heart.

2) Tom Brady – Don’t let jealousy get in the way. This guy is good and has it all, The Rings, the Wife and the Look. He won 3 Superbowl’s with less at the skill positions and carried the team on his back in the crunch time.

3) Drew Brees – There is something you have to like about an “Undersized” QB being so dominant in the League. He’s got personality and it's scary at how proficient he is. The Chargers should be shaking they're heads right now.

4) Ben Roethlisberger – I might be this guy’s harshest critic and I probably need a whole blog just about him. But I’d say he’s the most underrated QB in the League today. He looks awful and sloppy and is the lowest rated QB to win a Superbowl in history (The farce against the Seahawks) but the guy pulls off miracles and constantly makes plays to win, how can you not like him or bet against him.

5) Peyton Manning – It was hard to take him over Mcnabb. (Yea I really like Mcnabb and think he gets a bad rap too.) But Manning is the model for regular season consistency and most people would have him #1 which it’s hard to argue with. But let’s face it the guy is still a choke artist to me and with the talent he’s always had at RB,WR, and OL he should have more rings then 1-4 on this list. And I’m still steamed that he got the Superbowl MVP over Joseph Addai against the Bears. Media bias at its worst.

Throw Back QB Bonus
Mark Rypien – This was my favorite Player as a little kid, He was the reason I wore # 11… Hell the guy won the Redskins our last Super Bowl. I had the biggest pair of Rose Colored glasses when I used to watch him play. He’d throw a 5 yard hitch into his receivers feet…. My Response “Damn Receiver should have caught it! Laid out for it! Something! Good throw Ryp!” Watching footage of him now I can see it. Horrible footwork, little athleticism, chunky and just looked awkward at times. On his short passes they were hard and to low. His medium passes were too high and had no touch. But to see what was special about him was to see him throw the long ball. For about a 4 to 5 year span no one could hit that long ball better. It was a thing of beauty to see him take a 7 step drop and wind back and let it fly down the field to Monk, Clark, or Sanders. As for his Superbowl celebration dance as he put the nail in the coffin against the Bills…. That’s a whole different story


So what's your Take???

No comments: